DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND TRADE
Advising department officials on the global social media opportunity
Upskill the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade with the knowledge to engage its target audiences, capitalise on its social media following of 4.2 million, set clear communication guidelines and implement social media management tools.
Here’s how we did it
Design and facilitate a full-day social media training course, delivered in four modules:
- Defining objectives, strategy, and target audiences.
- Developing a social media presence in line with DFAT’s values.
- Producing quality, engaging content.
- Delivering effective social media campaigns and crisis communications.
A post-course survey revealed:
- All attendees felt comfortable with the basics of social media.
- 90 per cent felt confident managing social media profiles.
- 100 per cent felt they had developed skills and knowledge applicable to the workplace.