Future Leaders Selected for the AIDN Young Professional Program
RD Consulting is pleased to announce that Emma Kennedy and David Jordan have been selected to partake in The Australian Industry and Defence Network’s (AIDN) Young Professionals Program.
The program provides the next generation of defence industry professionals with a critical understanding of the current Defence environment and provides opportunities to develop networks within defence industry.
There are complex problems and challenges within Defence and defence industry and the pair will get a rare insight into how they can be solved.
Over the next six months, Emma and David will collaborate with a talented cohort of industry professionals to partake in the following activities;
- Knowledge sharing sessions – Open forum presented by an expert in their respective fields including Defence 101, Introduction to ASDEFCON and bid writing, and AIC policy.
- Industry engagement – Participation in AIDN Chapter monthly meetings which provide updates from small-medium enterprises (SMEs), primes and government bodies and network opportunities.
- Site visits – Excursions to SMEs and defence primes to gather an appreciation of industries in the region and operational context of SMEs and primes.
- Defence expos – Mini tours at defence industry expos including Land Forces, Indo Pacific and AVALON which include one-on-one discussions with representatives from government, Defence, CASH, primes, and industry associations.
Both recipients were excited to be selected and see immense benefits in the programs offerings as well as the collaborative approach.
“The AIDN Young Professionals Program presents a really exciting chance for me to broaden my understanding of the Defence Industry and expand my peer network,” David said.
“It’s great that AIDN is providing professional avenues to develop the next generation of defence industry leaders. The younger workforce brings renewed motivation, new perspectives, and innovative approaches to overcome these complex problems,” Emma said.
I’m looking forward to learning more about the challenges that Defence faces, and how industry seeks to help address these and assist Defence to face them as we move into the future.” David added.
The program is open to those under the age of 30 who have demonstrated outstanding work in Defence industry. The pair were selected by RD Management for their ability to step-up and lead projects.
David facilitated the communication outputs at the inaugural Defence People Symposium in 2022, and currently supports Land Capability Division at Army Headquarters.
Meanwhile, Emma supports the delivery of strategic communication effects for Army’s Robotic and Autonomous Systems Implementation and Coordination Office (RICO).
RD’s Human Resources Manager, Claudia Cannon, praised their work in Defence, as well as their cultural contributions, leadership, and attitude.
“We see their careers on an upward trajectory,” Claudia beamed. “We want to support them as much as we can.”
RD Consulting couldn’t be prouder to have two outstanding representatives partake in the program and will continue to put forward members to increase professional development.
“It’s really nice to work for a company that actively seeks opportunities for their team to develop professionally,” Emma said. “I was also excited to know that I would be participating in this program with David.”
Read more fresh news, hacks, stories and opinions from the RD team.
- Strategic CommunicationRD Consultant, Emma Kennedy, selected for global camp in New York to support United Nation’s Global Goals Week
- Strategic CommunicationThread-y, Set, Go: Should you use the newest Twitter alternative?
- Strategic CommunicationFuture Leaders Selected for the AIDN Young Professional Program
Make an enquiry.
We’re fascinated by incredible creative, phenomenal experiences and best-in-class communication.
Or get in touch 1300 014 398