Improve your marketing plan
If you’re looking to evolve your marketing plan, RD Consulting has the planning map for you.
Often, growing your business requires fresh ideas and new approaches. You may have a strong foundation but are looking for that next expansion that will help you land new clients, lift sales value, or reduce delays.
This map provides a process for calculating your sales process and improving sections of this. It is centred around a series of simple sales equations. For example, by increasing lead generation and converstion rate, more customers are acquired:
(LEAD GENERATION) x (CONVERSION RATE) = (ACQUIRED CUSTOMERS)
The other equations include:
(EXISTING CUSTOMERS) + (ACQUIRED CUSTOMERS) = (TOTAL # OF CUSTOMERS)
(TOTAL # OF CUSTOMERS) x (# OF TRANSCATIONS) x (AVERAGE SALES VALUE) = (TURNOVER)
(TURNOVER) x (PROFIT MARGIN) = (REVENUE)
(REVENUE) – (COST OF GOODS SOLD) = (GROSS PROFIT)
(GROSS PROFIT) – (EXPENSES) = (PROFITS)
You can enter values into each of these sections for your own business. Some sections include a current and a future value, allowing an assessment of where you are and what you are aiming for. You can include a timeframe for these targets as well, if you like.
These calculations are the bare bones of sales, yet they live in the mathematical sales space. They need to be made concrete through pragmatic techniques and deliberate activities. The map includes lists under each section to stimulate ideas in this practical direction. Tick the items in each list that you are currently doing for your business. Consider the others.
The map includes over 370 ideas across seven sections. The aim is to get you thinking strategically and broadly about what will work best for your business.
WHAT WE DO
Our cornerstone. We understand deeply what’s required of a communication campaign to drive awareness and create behaviour change.
Read more fresh news, hacks, stories and opinions from the RD team.
- NewsClaudia Cannon named finalist for Australian HR Manager of the YearThe Australian HR Awards have selected Claudia Cannon as an Excellence Awardee for HR Manager…
- Strategic CommunicationsAn introduction to OKRsObjectives and Key Results (OKRs) are a management methodology that helps ensure that an organisation…
- NewsImprove your marketing planParticipation and representation of women and minorities is a priority at RD Consulting.
- NewsClaudia Cannon named finalist for Australian HR Manager of the Year
- Strategic CommunicationsAn introduction to OKRs