Simpler career management for a workforce of 45,000
After surveying its 45,000-person workforce, our government client discovered that the majority of its people believed their careers with the organisation were being managed poorly. Staff felt they were chosen for positions without significant consideration of individual skills and circumstance, and referred to themselves as ‘darts on a departmental dartboard’.
1. Ignite the department’s internal messaging platform.
2. Deliver an ‘always on’ career management campaign.
3. Establish a communications team.
4. Grow and sustain a single source of truth for people to self-manage their careers with the organisation.
- Increased team productivity by 180%.
- 15 sprints, 150 daily stand-ups, 15 retrospectives, and 14 sprint refinements delivered.
- Team now prioritises work from a roadmap and backlog, based on user needs, team capacity, and team capability.