Ian began his editing career in Perth as an offline editor working on commercials, television and music videos.
During this time, he edited Perth’s first Cannes Lions-winning commercial for the Keep Australia Beautiful Council, ‘The Future is in Your Hands’.
With a background in post-production and a lifelong interest in acting, directing was a natural progression for Ian to take. Now based in Melbourne, Ian is an award-winning director and editor, and RD Consulting’s resident video ‘guru’. He directs and edits television commercials, short and long-form video, animations and other online content for our clients
- Nominated for an Australian Director’s Guild Award for Best Direction in a Children’s TV Drama for the ABC television series ‘Little Lunch – Grandparents Day’.
- Directed nine episodes across two seasons of ‘The InBESTigators’ for the ABC, now streaming on Netflix worldwide.
- Won Perth Art and Design Club Bronze Award for Achievement in Directing for Burswood ‘Mexicans’ television commercial.
- Perth and Art Design Club finalist for Achievement in Directing for Aqua Techniques ‘Well Oiled Machine’ television commercial.
- Directed the Campaign Brief Oasis award-winning Ad of the Year and Campaign of the Year for the Western Australian Police Service’s ‘Drink Spiking’ campaign.
- Shortlisted for the Western Australian Screen Awards for Best Editing for ‘Civilian Mained’.
CURRENT PROJECTS AT RD
- Australian Defence Force
- Department of Defence
- Film production, commercials, video production, creative direction and post-production.
Contributions by Ian
Make an enquiry.
We’re fascinated by incredible creative, phenomenal experiences and best-in-class communications.
Or get in touch 1300 014 398