A chance to refocus and reset
Recently the RD Consulting team took time out for an annual strategy session and team catch up at the lovely Willinga Park.
Over the past year, RD has grown exponentially, and the staff retreat was an opportunity to bring together the new and bigger team to get to know each other and discuss new ideas.
The retreat allowed the team to work on the RD 12-month Master Plan – Operation Galvanise – focusing on what needed to be achieved, what needed to be prioritised and how to get there.
The team also discussed overall improvements to policies, procedures and systems.
Director of Service Delivery, Kat Archibald, said it was a valuable experience providing the growing team the chance to bond.
“We have been very fortunate to win lots of new work,” Kat said. “The retreat was able to help us stop for a moment and take stock of what needed to come next – find more amazing people, set up policies, procedures and systems to support this growth.”
Despite all the planning, Kat believed that the most important part of the retreat was the time spent together.
“The best part about it was the relationships we built with each other,” Kat said. “We brought everyone together, which we don’t get to do often, and go off site. Somewhere people can’t just duck away for a quick meeting or quickly respond to an email.
One of the fun activities we did together as a whole team was when we all decided to go swimming after yoga, all in our active wear, in the cold. Definitely out of our comfort zones!”
After such a fun and successful retreat, the RD team has gone full steam ahead on the RD Masterplan – Operation Galvanise – and have continued to push and strengthen the tight knit family to achieve the very best.
WHAT WE DO
Our cornerstone. We understand deeply what’s required of a communication campaign to drive awareness and create behaviour change.
Read more fresh news, hacks, stories and opinions from the RD team.
- NewsClaudia Cannon named finalist for Australian HR Manager of the YearThe Australian HR Awards have selected Claudia Cannon as an Excellence Awardee for HR Manager…
- Strategic CommunicationsImprove your marketing planParticipation and representation of women and minorities is a priority at RD Consulting.
- NewsAccelerating Women: Rethinking workplace inclusion in leadershipParticipation and representation of women and minorities is a priority at RD Consulting.
- NewsClaudia Cannon named finalist for Australian HR Manager of the Year
- Strategic CommunicationsImprove your marketing plan